Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sycamore Arts to hold fiber exhibition in September....Get Ready

Several members of the two quilting groups that I belong to, Loose Threads and Quilt in the Grove, attended the Mississippi Quilters Association's June Gathering this past weekend in Jackson.  We heard inspirational speakers, saw beautiful quilts and took fun classes.

A friend and I took Joan Alliston's Migrating Geese class to learn a new technique for making flying geese. I brought my little strip home and turned it into a table runner to be donated to the Sycamore Arts Silent Auction.  We will see what it brings.



"Sycamore Arts is very pleased to include this striking Fiber Art in our upcoming Auction! And we will be sponsoring our first Fiber Art Exhibit this September at BancorpSouth in Senatobia -- Details will be announced at a later date," said Sycamore Arts President Karen Brown.

This opportunity is a call to all my fellow quilters, weavers and textile artists in the Senatobia area to be working on a piece to enter in this first fiber exhibition.  I'm so excited.

Gotta go. It's time to go quilt with Loose Threads.



No comments:

Post a Comment