Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The adventures of Cash continue


Obedience lesson No. 2.

We practiced every day since our first lesson. At home, he was sitting by my side, doing sit/stay/ a reluctant down, stay/come, heeling, but still pulling.

We get to class and he is a mess. He hasn't been properly socialized because he is out of control! He wanted to check out every female dog there. He wasn't even really interested in treats.


So here we go into the exercises. He wouldn't sit, wouldn't lie down, did OK on the figures eights and circles, but pulled me around like a rag doll. In a lifetime of showing horses I've never had a horse drag me around like that.

A recent trip to the vet showed his weight at 84 pounds. "He'll mature at 100," my vet said. I better hurry and get him under control before he weights as much as I do. (Not that I weigh 100)

Today my back hurts, my wrist hurts, my neck is sore. Is is worth it? You bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment